Verse of the day:

Monday, May 12, 2008

Strange animal happenings...

This past weekend we had some strange animal happenings around the Hagen homestead. I had never seen two lizards fight for dominance before. These two lizards were going at it for quite a while on the back porch while I was cooking on the grill. They would dance around, and then one would get a head lock on the other; by getting the other guy's head in his mouth!

The guy on the right had the upper hand here, but earlier, his head was in the other guy's mouth which is why it is discolored like it is. It was amazing to watch these two go at it.

Also this weekend, the beautiful and wonderful Mrs. Christine observed a black snake in the yard being picked at and tormented by a couple of blue jays. They were apparently very upset with the snake for some reason.

I also observed a couple of mockingbirds having some kind of tussle with a squirrel in a tree. I had never seen anything quite like this either. I think I will have to check to see if wierd animal things are a sign of the end times...

No comments: