Verse of the day:

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Courageous

Hi Everyone,
I'm back! Yeah, yeah I know, long time no post. Sorry 'bout that.
But any-hoo, we had the most wonderful time this evening! (or should I say last evening as it is now just after midnight!) The last few weeks have been busy, emotional, and just a leeettle bit stressful. So it felt so nice to just kick back and take it easy. Most of our CSA customers are out of town, so we had a pretty easy delivery day which was a blessing. Dad has been in Tampa this week, but when he got home he was so sweet (of course he always is) and took us out to eat (Chick-fil-A, YUM) and then to see Sherwood's newest film Courageous. When we walked into the theater we saw the Davis family just going in; at least most of the Davis family (we missed you Auntie Laura).
If you haven't seen Courageous yet you need to! It was a very powerful film about fathers turning their hearts to their families and families turning their hearts to the father (both earthly and heavenly). I think one of my favorite parts in the movie is when one of the fathers gives his daughter a purity ring after she gives him her heart. You don't see this talked about much today, even in the Church. I remember the first time I ever heard of keeping your heart pure, I didn't know quite what to think! I wish that someone had told me about this when I was much younger, but fortunately I am blessed with a very gracious and understanding father who cherishes my heart. ~I love you Dad!~ But anyway, back to the movie. As Mom always says, "I laughed, I cried, it moved me, Bob." It was so funny! I think it was the best Sherwood film yet, though they are all good. Oh, and did I mention that Dad took us to Marble Slab Creamery for dessert? Can life get any better than this?! And just think, eternal life is uncomprehendingly better!

Love, a totally happy daughter of the risen King!

Also daughter of a courageous father, and wonderful and beautiful mother...

oh and did I mention I have a pretty awesome brother too?!

Just in case you didn't get it, I am totally blessed, and I am,

Angela


"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9VT_NBIVfs

3 comments:

Joel, Jes and the rest said...

Hello my dearest Angela! We are sitting at the airport and I am taking advantage of free wifi :) We also got to see Courageous this past weekend. We went on Friday night in Seattle......and it was sold out! We had to wait until Saturday. Great movie! Bella Boo sobbed through the hard parts, sweet girl! Kade loved the action :) Miss you guys!
Love
Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela!
Mama, and we girls all went to see Courageous on Oct. 1. I agree it was a wonderful movie with a great message!
That was a sweet post!
-Katie Smith (in FL)

Mortonclan said...

Love you so much, Angela!! I enjoyed your post so much...wasn't Courageous incredible!!? What a blessing! I cried too. :D And I loved the Snake King part..that was hilarious....

You are such a blessing, Angela. May the Lord just pour out His blessings on you. I love you so much!

Love always,

Adeline